Sandvik buys DCS

Sandvik has acquired US-based Dimensional Control Systems (DCS), a global provider of dimensional quality management software and on-site engineering services. DCS’s offering will complement and enhance Sandvik’s existing portfolio within metrology. The company will be reported in the Industrial Metrology division, within the Sandvik Manufacturing and Machining Solutions business area. DCS’s software solutions include CAD simulation tools, enabling customers to improve and validate their component design and metrology measurement plan.

For further information

Bystronic now owns 100% of Antil

Bystronic is increasing its existing 70% stake in Antil SpA by acquiring the remaining 30% minority stake for around CHF13m. The company is thus strengthening its portfolio in the field of automation in line with its Strategy 2025. In the summer of 2018, Bystronic acquired 70% of Antil, based in San Giuliano Milanese. Since then, the company has integrated Antil’s operations, doubled sales to approximately CHF40m at good profitability, and increased the number of employees from 110 to 200. Antil’s portfolio includes loading and unloading systems for laser cutters and punch presses, and automated sheet-metal storage systems.

For further information

Fast health checks for machining centres

Starrag’s new online Fingerprint machine analysis service enables the company’s remote service technicians to record machine conditions and provide customers with detailed overviews of the wear on mechanical assemblies within 24 hours. The machine is out of production for only one hour and, without the need for extensive disassembly/assembly work, the result is a fast and meaningful analysis of the main components’ state of wear.

In addition to helping prevent unplanned wear-related failures – and improving machine availability and productivity – Fingerprint also saves on maintenance costs.

For further information

Seco hits green target

A combination of green electricity and renewable energy certificates in the US and India have enabled Seco to reach its 2030 emission targets a full nine years ahead of schedule. The Seco focus on making all aspects of its business more sustainable led to a comprehensive review of the company’s energy requirements, and when the time came to renew contracts with suppliers for the site in Reynoldsville, Pennsylvania, green energy was to the fore. Studies showed that Reynoldsville was responsible for around 10% of the global electricity requirement for Seco and 19% of its climate impact from electricity.

For further information

Expectations high among region’s fabricators

Taking place next week (10-13 January), SteelFab 2022 will open its doors at the Expo Centre Sharjah, UAE, to a highly expectant crowd. Covering manufacturing segments that include machinery and tools, welding and cutting equipment, tube and pipe processing machines, and coatings and cladding, the 17th edition of the show builds on the last event in 2020, which welcomed around 7200 visitors from 70 countries.

At SteelFab 2020, over 300 exhibitors representing more than 1000 brands took their place across 26,000 sq m of floor space. Of the visitors, 51.7% attended in order to see new products and innovations, while 42.1% were looking to source new suppliers. Complementing the exhibition will be a specialised two-day conference catering to the steel fabrication industry, focusing on topics such as key learnings from the impact of Covid-19 on supply and demand, and process digitalisation.

For further information